Alcohol Addiction in Maumee, OH
Alcohol addiction is a serious problem that impacts hundreds of thousands of people each and every year in the United States. The fact that alcohol addiction in Maumee is a common problem doesn't make it one that's any less serious.
For many people, alcohol addiction develops over time and takes a stranglehold on their lives. Once you become an addict, it can feel nearly impossible to get out from under the weight of a long-term addiction on your own.
That's why alcohol rehab is a wise choice for many people looking to beat alcohol once and for all. You'll still need to be vigilant and avoid using on your own, but a qualified alcohol addiction treatment center can help you start the process and point you down the road to recovery.
Keep reading to learn more about alcohol addiction in Maumee and how entering an alcohol rehab program may be the best thing you ever do to improve your life.
What is Alcohol Addiction?
Defining alcohol addiction can be a complex task. That's especially true in a culture where people drink regularly and socially without negative consequences. For individuals facing alcohol addiction, drinking is a very different type of act however.
Common signs of alcohol addiction include:
- Tolerance to alcohol. Many people who are addicted to alcohol find they have to drink more than friends and family to feel the effects. Most addicts have to drink a lot more alcohol than they did at first to feel anything at all.
- Withdrawal when not using alcohol. Shaking in the morning without the use of alcohol is a major sign of addiction. However, many people feel withdrawal at other times of day, such as in the afternoon. If you need alcohol to feel normal, you're developing a physical dependence, which is a major part of addiction.
- You aren't able to control the amount of alcohol you drink even when you try. Many people with alcohol addiction aim to have one beer, glass of wine or drink and end up drinking considerably more or for longer than intended.
- You want to stop drinking but feel unable to do so on your own. Our alcohol addiction inpatient rehab in Maumee offers alcohol withdrawal treatment and detox for alcohol poisoning treatment.
- Alcohol is a primary focus in your life. Many people who develop alcohol addiction find that they skip social activities that don't involve alcohol. Some people with an alcohol addiction may also avoid work and responsibilities at home because they would rather drink.
If you're concerned that you may have an alcohol addiction problem, you should seek an evaluation right away. A reputable alcohol addiction treatment center can help you find the right option for your needs and discuss any concerns you may have.
Dangers of Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol addiction in Maumee is relatively common, but that doesn't mean it is without risks. Abusing alcohol for a long-period of time can take its toll on your mind and body.
- Depression, anxiety and irritability are common among people abusing alcohol. Over time, alcohol abuse can change your personality.
- Physical symptoms like sweating, tremors, nausea and ulcers. Abusing alcohol for a long period of time can make day to day life more difficult.
- Stroke, heart attack and other major issues like cirrhosis of the liver. Long-term alcoholism can destroy your body.
- Loss of employment, friendships and family relationships. Healthy people often choose to remove addicts from their life if they do not get help through an alcohol addiction rehab program.
Alcohol Rehab Treatment Options
Help is available for individuals dealing with alcohol addiction. Unfortunately, many don't understand their option when it comes to alcohol addiction rehab.
The most common types of alcohol addiction rehab programs include:
- Inpatient rehab. Inpatient rehab allows addicts access to a residential facility for recovery. Stays are typically 7 to 30 days. Medication, medical treatment, individual and group therapy are common.
- Outpatient rehab. Outpatient rehab lets addicts stay at home to work and be with family. Medication is not typically used for alcohol addiction, but regular meetings work to keep some addicts clean. Outpatient treatments can vary in length and are not right for some severe addicts.
Why Should I Enter an Alcohol Addiction Rehab?
Going through alcohol addiction rehab can be a very scary experience from the outside. Once you're involved though, you'll quickly find that life is more enjoyable clean and sober. If you are planning on convincing a loved one to get help, our specialists for drug intervention in Maumee can aid in planning and staging the event.
You'll have some hard work to do in rehab, but it could be your best bet to turn your life around. For yourself and your family, alcohol addiction in Maumee is something you should look into right away. Call us now at (877) 804-1531.